Terms & Conditions of Website Use
The following terms and conditions of engagement forms a control for services and sets out the entire agreement between you (client & Locum check (with the exception of details of the rate of pay for any assignments. It also formulates and fixes up relationship of all parties concerned. These terms may be modified at any time in writing with or without prior notice. The following definitions will apply:
- "Client" refers to any person, General practitioner or surgery, organization or hospital (public or private) requiring the services of a Locum from LocumCheck.
- "Locum" refers to any person e.g. a doctor, who has registered with LocumCheck in order to be supplied as a Locum to its clients.
- "Assignment" refers to any activity in Ireland or the UK including Northern Ireland for which a client seeks the services of a locum (e.g. doctor) through LocumCheck.
- ) "Rate" refers to the hourly rate of pay negotiated by LocumCheck between the Locum and the respected client for any assignment.
- LocumCheck means Escritoire T/A LocumCheck, Locumcheck in Republic of Ireland and LocumCheck limited in UK.
- GMC means General Medical council and IMC means Irish Medical Council. http://www.gmc-uk.org/ https://www.medicalcouncil.ie/
- The terms and conditions of LocumCheck will be deemed as accepted if any locum is arranged via its offices.
- LocumCheck is purely a Locum agency which acts as an agent between the locum and the client.
All Locums registered with LocumCheck are not LocumCheck employees. All locums when placed on locum positions work as contractor/self-employed for the specified period of assignment.
- Article 4 applies to locums who's emollients are generated as a result of work arranged via LocumCheck but paid by a third party.
- Exception to paragraph 4 applies when a locum are paid through LocumCheck's payroll. LocumCheck will apply appropriate guidelines governed by The Office of the Revenue Commissioners in Republic of Ireland or HMRC in the UK.
- The hospital/client is responsible to provide adequate insurance cover under the state indemnity scheme for the doctors placed at a locum assignment.
- Where the state indemnity scheme for the doctors placed as a locum does not apply Nation health service (NHS), Health services executive(HSE), private hospital, GP surgery, all locum's are advised to maintain private insurance/Medical Indemnity, in accordance with Irish medical council & General medical council guidelines.
- All LocumCheck administrative work is fully insured.
- It is the responsibility of locum to make sure that he/she has fully medial practicing insurance/indemnity before commences work.
- Doctor must be permitted by the GMC or IMC to work us locum doctor or be fully registered with Irish Medical Council (IMC) throughout the assignment. The doctor must inform LocumCheck immediately if there is any change in the status of their registration with the medical council in Ireland or the General Medical Council in UK. The doctor agrees that no payment will be claimed if medical council registration is not kept valid during any assignment. The doctor will also be reported to both clients and the concerned medical council, where information is withheld by the Locum.
While in service the doctor agrees to:
- Not to engage in any conduct detrimental to the client or LocumCheck.
- Observe any disciplinary rules or obligations in force on the client's workplace.
- Confirmed prearranged hours of work for the client's workplace (unless arrangements have been made in advance to the contrary with both LocumCheck and the client).
- Be paid for the hours worked.
- Take all the reasonable steps while working for the client to safeguard their own safety and the safety of others who may be present or affected by your actions during the assignment and comply with the health and safety policy of the client.
- Not engage in religious or other private ethical teaching or preaching while working through LocumCheck.
- Comply with data protection
- Comply with medical ethics
- Comply with equality and diversity values.
- Comply with local health and safety protocol.
- Comply with local governance and administrative requirements.
- Treat colleagues and patient with respect.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- LocumCheck is to be informed as soon as possible if the locum is unable to attend an agreed shift. It is responsibility of locum to
- Inform LocumCheck as soon as possible that he/she will not be able to attend.
- A valid/reasonable cause should be provided for not attending the assigned shift.
- Where a previously agreed shift is declined or No show, that affects patients, LocumCheck or its associated Hospital, GP client is to report to the concerned medical council. LocumCheck in partnership with its client prioritise patient's interest and safeguarding at all times and will take report unreasonable NO SHOWS to the concerned medical council.
- All locum's are required to fill in timesheet for the hours worked. Timesheet is signed by authorized person acting on behalf of the Hospital, GP, or other service client. LocumCheck will pay the locum based on signed and approved timesheet. Client will be invoiced based on approved time sheet.
- Where LocumCheck is sent timesheet(s), for a single or multiple locum appointment which are not signed by a representative of ordering client, LocumCheck will than approve this timesheet with the ordering client in writing before paying the locum. LocumCheck will invoice client, hours worked based on approved timesheet only.
- Payment release to locum is subject to timesheet confirmation and release of payment by ordering client for the given order. 9c. Locums timesheet processes includes a number of stages before a locum can be paid. A late timesheet will usually reflect as late payment.
Payments: All LocumCheck payments are executed via electronic transfer as much as possible for us to prevent fraud and money laundering, 10b. Account credited shall be in the name of Locum.
- Account credited shall be in the name of Locum.
- Where the locum has invoiced through a third party/contracting company LocumCheck shall pay the Limited company account only. All new locum company accounts will need; a. Company registration certificate, b. Scan of business bank statement of company as a proof of correct account details, c. IBAN and SWIFT code.
- Where a locum wishes to be on LocumCheck payroll, a payroll rate shall apply.
- Doctors shall be paid in the arrears at the agreed rate of pay for the total hours worked during an assignment. This will be paid on receiving payment from the employing hospital, as per assignment, and due time for processing the same by LocumCheck. LocumCheck shall be under no obligation to pay the doctor without receiving the due pay from the employing client.
- In order to complete an electronic transaction all accounts are set up on our internet business banking. Full name, IBAN, SWIFT code and a complete address which also reflects the account are required for initial set up. This may take up to 48 hours; it is locum responsibility to update account details at the end of each locum job. LocumCheck will not take responsibility for a transaction process to an account which has not been updated.
- LocumCheck T/A Escritoire limited Ireland and LocumCheck limited (England), are registered with data protection authority.
- We do not release information to third party.
- Where a locum doctor wishes to declare partial or full information to third party a written request is required in advance. Releasing information can take up to 15 working days.
- Where a locum has an appointed accountant or an umbrella company, a written request by the locum is required to communicate with the Locum’s accountant, book keeper or designated umbrella company.
- To ensure data protection and maintains all client’s information; It is locums responsibility to inform Locumcheck of changes in any invoicing method or contact change including but limited to accountant, book keeper, or umbrella company.
- LocumCheck or its client shall not be responsible for costs of travel or accommodation or reimbursements of expenses incurred, unless specifically agreed with the LocumCheck before the commencement of an assignment
All documents submitted to the locum shall be deemed to be scan or phot copies of the
original documents. LocumCheck enforces that altering, changing, or modifying a document
the purpose of deceiving LocumCheck or our clients, not limiting passing along of copies
documents that are known to be false. Falsifying a document is a fraud punishable crime.
LocumCheck will report such fraud crimes to Garda Siochana and Irish medical council in
republic of Ireland and Police and general medical council in United Kingdom.
Scans: LocumCheck prefers scan documents; this is applicable to all required documents. Digital photograph are not scan of documents. These usually do not represent true document. Photograph of documents will be rejected. Scan apps on smart phones which are designed for purpose can be used.
Fax: LocumCheck fax is working 24 hours a day seven days a week. We store all received faxes scan to PDF format. Please refer to contact us information on www.locumcheck.com
Post Mail: LocumCheck does not prefer receiving documents received through UnPost in R.O Ireland and Post in the UK. LocumCheck shall not be held responsible for loss of any post prior to mail reaching LocumCheck mailing address. All paper post is scanned to high quality professional JPEG format and stored on database. Once document is stored securely on our data base the paper document are shredded for security purposes.
Visiting Locum: We don't accept visitors at 2nd Floor, 13 UpperBaggot Street, Dublin 4, Ireland or 78 York Street, London, W1H 1DP. Meeting arrangement can be made with notice and mutual understanding.
- All documents submitted to the locum shall be deemed to be scan or phot copies of the original documents. LocumCheck enforces that altering, changing, or modifying a document for the purpose of deceiving LocumCheck or our clients, not limiting passing along of copies of documents that are known to be false. Falsifying a document is a fraud punishable crime. LocumCheck will report such fraud crimes to Garda Siochana and Irish medical council in republic of Ireland and Police and general medical council in United Kingdom.
- We provide Limited 24 hours on-call service. We advise you to email us your query. This will be reviewed by our on-call consultant; a decision to call the contacting doctor will be made case by case. All elective cases are referred to morning team to be dealt with priority.
Smart phone Apps:
- LocumCheck operate IOS and Android Apps, this is release to our member clients. Our IOS app includes our mobile website. We use Push notification to inform our clients of the new jobs.
- LocumCheck can only play role of intermediary between the two parties. Where a complaint is placed against locum we will provide both parties to communicate with hope for an early resolution.
- All complaints to be written to complaints@LocumCheck.com or complaints@LocumCheck.co.uk all complaints are aimed to be resolved in 21 working days.
LocumCheck terms and condition may change without any written or verbal notice. It is for our Customer, clients and Locums to access our website for our up-to-date terms and conditions.