Pay rates for locum doctors depends on a number of factors, and can in many cases be negotiable to a certain extent.
Our Medical Recruitment Specialist will always negotiate the best rates.
The main factors that influence offered rates are:
- The Grade and speciality required
- The location of the locum shift
- The experience of the locum doctor
- The urgency of the locum shift
- Framework rates with NHS and HSE
Rates are calculated as below
- Per hour (based on exact hours worked)
- Weekend Rates
- Per day rate
- On-call rate in addition to the daily rate.
- Number of sessions worked
GP surgery rates.
- These are fixed hourly rates and breaks are not Paid.
VAT is not charged since it’s a medical service
(Please note that all advertised rates are limited company rates however payroll rates are generally lessor)